CANVAS BAGS WITH LEATHER BOTTOM
As general maintenance, we suggest gently wiping your bag with a damp cloth occasionally. Some of the bags have leather parts so we would strongly advise against putting it in the washer. Please follow the suggested steps at your own discretion only.
For colored canvas:
Please try to spot wash with regular laundry detergent and cold water.
For natural canvas only:
1) Please try to spot wash with regular laundry detergent and cold water first.
2) If the dirt is persistent, you may try to use a brush to scrub the canvas.
3) If that doesn't work, you may try to carefully spot treat with diluted bleach.
When using bleach please follow product instructions carefully. If the bleach is too strong, it may damage the canvas and leave a stain as well.
Below is a small diagram to show you how to protect the leather parts while you clean.
- Masking tape
- Plastic or any waterproof sheet
- Make a paper skirt over the leather along its entire circumference. Use as many sheets as you need.
- Make a plastic skirt over the paper layer. Be very sure that the tape is secure against the canvas.
- Proceed to spot wash carefully. Try not to wash too close to the leather’s edge even though it is covered, as the liquid could seep through to the underlayer.
- When you are finished, allow the bag to dry completely. Hanging in a shaded area is preferred, as sunlight may damage a wet canvas.
- Written and illustrated by Ame