Journey Bag || Palo Verde
- Unit Price
As a part of the BK 10th anniversary celebration, we are including a TSL “BK // WITH YOU” brass plate with a bag, while supply lasts.
The BK exclusive messenger bag has been a long-time design dream for Frido (like 5+ years?)! So when we were planning to design a bag that can be easily personalized with patches, stamps, and pins, we knew this would be a perfect opportunity to turn the dream into reality! Just like many design projects we work on at the BK studio, the Journey Bag has gone through many iterations in the design process. I remember Frido sewing the first 15 samples (or maybe more) like a mad man during the fall of 2019 using a home sewing machine in the garage. During that time, if we didn’t see him, we pretty much knew where to find him. Frido created prototypes that differed in a 1/2 inch here and another ¼ inch there, trying to figure out the perfect proportion. Then the final sample was passed on to The Superior Labor and their craftsmanship brought the design to the next level.
As the name suggests, the Journey Bag is meant for traveling with you, whether you are going to the grocery store or on a nature hike. It’s a bag you can easily grab, put everyday essentials in such as your notebook, phone, and keys, then head out the door.
The Journey Bag is designed to work both as a stand-alone clutch or a versatile shoulder bag with an extra shoulder strap. You can have a lot of fun mixing and matching the colors of the bag with a variety of shoulder straps as well as your personal patches and pins.
We hope you have fun with this bag, customizing it to fit your life, and taking it on even further adventures!
**The Journey Bag does not come with a shoulder strap.
- Patch // You can find our favorite patch collection here. If you would like us to sew a patch for you, please add "Patch Sewing Service" to your order and include a note to your order specifying where you would like your patch to be sewn. We can sew a patch on a flap of the bag. You can also add a patch at your home using your home sewing machine or use stick-on or iron-on patches.
- Pin // find our pin collection here
- Stamp // We recommend using Stazon Ink Pad for a long-lasting impression.
- Brass Plate // You can find our favorite brass plates here. If you would like us to sew a brass plate for you, you can add "Brass Plate Sewing Service" to your order and include a note to where you would like to add a brass plate. You can also sew a brass plate at home using your home sewing kit.
- Shoulder Strap // In the photos, Frido is carrying his Journey Bag with Red Nylon Shoulder Strap. If you already have TSL Bag with a shoulder strap, you can use it on your Journey Bag. If you would like to purchase a new shoulder strap from BK, we have leather shoulder straps as well as nylon shoulder straps as options.
Please be advised that the true paint/canvas color can slightly vary depending on your screen.
TSL artifacts are handmade with love and care by The Superior Labor in Okayama, Japan. The TSL team works diligently to honor leather as organic material, making sure to minimize production waste. As a result, some of the TSL artifacts feature natural markings such as scars, blemishes, wrinkles. We hope you enjoy all of the characters for many years ahead as leather ages and patinas.
Dimension: L 12" x H 7" x W 2.5"
Made by: The Superior Labor in Japan