Love for Traveler's Notebook with Patrick Ng (5/19/16) May 29 2016
May 19th was a very memorable day for us at Baum-kuchen! We had an amazing honor to host Traveler's Notebook meet-up with Patrick Ng. I had to pinch myself few times the day because it was really a dream come true to have such a passionate Traveler's Notebook community in Los Angeles to gather and listen to Patrick's point of view in analogue lifestyle, his role as a stationery buyer in Hong Kong, as well as stories behind Traveler's Notebook.
I took some notes from the day... and here are some points that really resonated with me (with little bit of my interpretation).
- Journaling is authentic. If your "journal" reflect your life, nobody can replicate what we are creating.
- Don't put too many rules on your journaling process. Stay natural. Stay organic. Don't lose your creativity via your rules!
- What is your "constant"? What pulls you together no matter where you are and what you are doing? Can your journal act as our constant?
- "The past you can pick up. The future you can write down."
- The beauty in analogue over digital. random, tactile...